Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences, University of Bamberg (received funding from the German Science Foundation), Germany invites international students to apply for this scholarships. These scholarships are awarded for one year, from April 2016 to March 2017. The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in an interview. Interviews are scheduled to take place in Bamberg in December 2015. In exceptional cases, a video conference may suffice. All candidates will be informed about the final decision before the end of the year 2015. The applications deadline is October 31, 2015.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships will be given for projects that will fit with at least one of School’s four Pillars:
Pillar 1 Education, personal development and learning from early childhood to adulthood
Pillar 2 Education and social inequality across the entire life course
Pillar 3 Changes in human capital, labour markets and demographic structures and their impact on social inequality in modern societies
Pillar 4 Governance, institutional change and political behavior
Degree/ Level: Scholarships are available for doctoral research program at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- BAGSS invites applications from highly qualified graduates in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong Social Science background are also encouraged to apply. Candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. (The degree must be completed by the time of admission to BAGSS. The next admission date is April 1, 2016.)
- Applicants need to provide at least one, but not more than two proposals for research topics which they would like to pursue in their doctoral project. The suggested topics need to fit thematically to at least one of the four academic pillars of BAGSS.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you need to supply a proof of proficiency.
Eligible Nationalities: German and international students can apply for these doctoral scholarships.
Scholarship Value: The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
Application Procedure: If you want to apply for a starter scholarship, all documents, except for the letters of recommendation, need to be submitted as a single PDF (max. 30 MB). In this single PDF file, please do arrange your documents in the following order:
- cover letter
- research proposal(s)
- academic degree certificates and university grade transcripts
- statement of knowledge of research methods
Apply Online here
October 31, 2015.
For more information please visit here