Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistan/ AJK ntional who intend to complete PHD from Pakistani HEC recognized Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes. The scholarship is being offered for the academic year 2015- 2016 in all areas of Studies/Disciplines under the project entitled “Indigenous PHD Fellowship for 5000 Scholars- Phase -II”.
- Pakistan/AJK National.
- For MS/ MPhill, the candidates must have minimum of 16 years of education with no 3rd division or Grade D in degree/ certificate in the entire academic career.
- Candidates applying for direct PhD scholarship must have minimum CGPA 3.0(out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in annual system) in MS/MPhill/ Equivalent degree along with the condition mentioned above
- The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarships are NOT eligible to apply.
- Maximum age at closing date of application i.e. December 15, 2015
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty memberof public sector university/DAIs and regular employee of the public sector/ R&D organization.
- 35 years for all others.
Document required along with Application.
- Photocopies of all educational testimonials attested by a Gazetted officer.
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Attested photocopy of CNIC.
- One passport- size photograph.
- In-service candidate need to apply through proper channel with assurance from their employer that, if scholarship is awarded, they will be released immediately and after completion of the studies, they will serve the country for mandatory period of FIVE years. However advanced copies will be accepted.
- Orignal online deposit slip/ ATM Transfer Slip of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as application processing fee in favour of Director General Finance, HEC. Fee can be deposited through any bank in Account Number 1742-79001334-01 Habib Bank Limited.
- Scholarships will be awarded discipline-wise and as per Federal Government Provincial Quota policy approved by the Government of Pakistan.
- Disability quota 2% will be observed as per approved scheme on provision of disability certificate by the applicant issued by the concerned authority.
- Any candidate who is enrolled into PhD programme before Fall 2013 is not eligible to apply.
- It will be required for selected candidates to complete MS/MPhill as well as PhD studies under the scholarships scheme. The awardee shall complete entire requirements of MS/MPhill programme and the university shall award the student MS/MPhill degree before he/she enters into PhD programme.
- Scholarship test will be arranged for prospective eligible candidates. The test date and time will be communicated later via email and roll number slips will be issued accordingly.
- Applicants are required to fill the online data correctly while applying. No further request will be entertained after submission of online application form by the applicant.
- Selected applicants should be full- time regular students to avail the scholarship. The employed applications will be required to seek study leave on their own for full duration of study programme, failing which the final scholarship award will not be matured.
- Students will be entitled for indigenous scholarship to study in those departments of universities/ degree awarding institutes who are meeting Indigenous and HEC Quality Assurance Criteria to run MS/MPhill/ PhD programme available on our official website.
- HEC reserves the right to select or reject applications on the basis of selection criteria approved by National Scholarship Management Committee (NSMC).
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicant.
- Applicants are required to create common profile through online application system and then need to apply for indigenous scholarships after following all required procedure. Incomplete applications or those received after closing date of applications will not be entertained.
- In case of any omission/misrepresentation, HEC will not be responsible and reserves the right to reject the application at any stage.
Read Also >>> SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIPS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
How to Apply:
By hand application will not be entertained.
Candidate should fill online Application Form available at HEC website www.hec.gov.pk/indigenous and post the printed form along with requisite documents and copy of fee slip at the address given below:
Indigenous PhD Programmes
Human resource Development Division
Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad.
Last date for receipt of application is 15th December, 2015