Higher Education commission invites application form from full time Pakistani/ AJK University teaching faculty member working on regular basis for PhD scholarship program provided by Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom 2016. These scholarships are for PhD students in all fields but priority areas are Education, Health, Economic, Growth and the private Sector, Governance and conflict, Climate and Environment, Water and Sanitation, Food and Nutrition and Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of Academic record, quality of research proposal, potential of candidate, and the impact of work on the development of Pakistan.
Nominations from HEC doesn’t guarantee any final selection. HEC is only facilitating agency in processing of this scholarship scheme. Therefore, HEC has no financial liability in this regard.
- Must be Pakistani National or AJK citizen.
- Must have first class post- graduate degree or equivalent (MS 18 year).
- Must be a full time regular university teacher at the time of their application to which they intended to return
- Applicant applying for the doctoral study must provide the evidence of support from a prospective supervisor or at least one of their chosen institute at the time of application.
- Applicant must have an overall IELTS score of no less than 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each band in academic IELTS. The test taken no earlier than 1 October 2015 and no Later than 06 March 2016. The British Council, on the request of HEC, will hold the IELTS test for final nominees only.
Final selection of the candidate and host institutions will be made by UK Commission. The Selection Committee will grade the application on basis of
- Academic record
- Quality of study plan
- Development impact that a candidate will have after their award
Fields to Study:
Commonwealth Scholarships are for PhD students in all fields but priority is assigned to some specific fields
- Economic Growth and the Private Sector
- Governance and conflict
- Climate and Environment
- Water and sanitation
- Food and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies.
How to Apply:
- Download HEC application form and fill it by using MS word (click here to download).
- Fill online Commonwealth application form (for respective scholarship program) through Electronic Application System (EAS), from online Application by selecting HEC as your nominating agency. Get three (03) printouts of your online application form (duly filled and signed by the head/Vice Chancellor)
Application without EAS Application form will not be entertained.
- Attach attested copies of all the documents (in case of O’ Level & A’ Level add equivalence) with EAS filled in EAS application form (03 sets in spiral binding each separately). One set of HEC application form along with Online Bank Deposit Slip endorsed by employer separately, as mentioned in the HEC-Application Form, available on the HEC website.
- Surety Bonds one (01) copy (each) (Downloaded from here)
- Undertaking one (01) copy (each) (Downloaded from here)
- Passport Copy one (01) copy (each)
- Medical History Certificate (Downloaded from here)
- Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 1000 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401is being maintained for the purpose.
- HEC will conduct interviews of potential candidates initially prescreened by Commonwealth through the experts at HEC and after interview, finally shortlisted candidates will be required to take IELTS academic test and further nominated to Commonwealth UK for further processing.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after HEC deadline, will NOT be accepted, for further processing. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding. Further, final selection will be made by the Commonwealth. Please note that HEC nomination does not guarantee for final selection.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. HEC prefers equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply. Please send filled in EAS application form along-with documents in spiral binding (3 sets) each separately and one copy of HEC application form duly filled in and signed by employer separately along with bank receipt on or before deadline on the address given below.
- Detailed instructions are available in the application form and also uploaded on the website, i.e.official website which must be read thoroughly, before sending application. Reference letters should be submitted in sealed envelopes.
30th October, 2015 :
Commonwealth (United Kingdom)
Higher Education Commission
Key search: HEC scholarships 2016, HEC commonwealth scholarships 2016, HEC scholarships for PHD 2016, HEC commonwealth scholarships for PHD in uk 2016, Foreign founded Scholarships