The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program, Pakistan (Global UGRAD, Pakistan) was launched in 2010 by the Bureau of Education and Culture Affairs of U.S Department of State. The program in Pakistan is directed by United States Education Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and in United States by the International Research & Exchange Board (IREX).
In a very short time period the Global UGRAD has obtain enormous popularity among the Pakistani university going students. With first Batch of 100 fellows of the 2010 Global UGRAD Pakistan returned to Pakistan to complete their undergraduate degree at Pakistan universities.
The Global UGRAD program is made to award undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD Pakistan program offers cultural and academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S.
Read Also >>> SCHOLARSHIPS AT CHARLES UNIVERSITY
- Tentative Announcement Oct/Nov
- Two batches: Fall and spring semester
- Duration: One semester approximately half attend in fall and other half in spring
- Grantees start studies: Fall nest year
- Applicant of this program are required to be in either their 14th or 15th year of formal education.
- Students Enrolled either in a four year bachelor’s program or a two year Bachelor’s program are eligible to apply.
- Age limit is 25
- Must be Pakistani citizen
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to return back to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities.
- Serious interest in learning about the United States.
- High level of academic achievements, as indicated in grades, awards and references letters.
- Proficiency in English
- Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had opportunities to travel internationally are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with a dual U.S/ Pakistani nationality or U.S permanent residence
- Those who have parent, spouse or finance who is a U.S citizen or permanent U.S resident
- Employees of Fulbright organization or the U.S Department of State
- Students in their final year of university.
Read Also >>> PUNJAB YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (PYIP) 2015-2016
How to Apply:
- Fill Online Application
- All supporting documents like photocopies of transcripts including an explanation of grading scales of university issuing the degree are to be attached to the online application Before submission. Photocopies of transcript must be attested by the issuing authority.
NOTE: Once you are selected you will be required to provide a reference letters and No Objection Certification (NOC) from your current academic institution.
18th November 2015