The united states education foundation in Pakistan invites applications for 2016 FULBRIGHT SCHOLAR PROGRAM, this program funds up to 12 month of lectureship. Post- doctoral research, or a combination of the two at a U.S. College or university. Persons selected are expected to share information about Pakistani society and culture with students, colleagues and community groups in U.S. On returning to Pakistan, Fulbright scholars are expected to make a significant contribution to Pakistan’s development and share their U.S. experiences with students, colleagues and community groups in Pakistan.
This is a national program. However women, people with disabilities, and individuals from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJ&K, Gilgit/Baltistan, Balochistan, Northern Sindh and southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.
The Grant funds airfare, an incidental research allowance, a living stipend and health Insurance. The program also funds one accompanying dependent, USEFP will assist with visa application process.
- Scholars, professionals, and artists from all disciplines are welcome to apply, with the exception of clinical medicine.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in their fields. Applicants must have held their degree for at least two years. (Persons having been to U.S. for research or other long-term educational opportunities within the last five years are ineligible).
- Excellent commands of written and spoken English. A clear and well formulated proposal about what they would like to accomplish in the U.S. and how it relates to their work in Pakistan. The proposal is the most important single portion of the application.
People applying for the lectureship must have demonstrated ability to teach in ta university setting.
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistani nationality or who have a spouse, fiancé, parent or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees and dependents of USEFP, or the U.S. Department of state.
- Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/ residence visa in any country.
How to apply:
- Application form and instruction are available at
- All application materials must be submitted online by 4:30 pm Wendnesday, 14 October, 2015.
- This is an online application. Paper application will not be accepted.
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan
P.O. Box 1128, Islamabad 44000.
PH: 051-8431300 Fax: 051-8431555