Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute providing internships opportunities for research Undergraduate students in summer. This program is funded by National Institutes of Health. The purpose of this internship is to provide short term training chances for undergraduate and occasionally medical and health professional students. The focus is upon opportunities for students via disadvantaged backgrounds, racial and ethnic minorities, and others who are underrepresented in the biomedical sciences (e.g., those that have disabilities). The course will provide the students with a basic science or clinical research coaching expertise to encourage interest in seeking a career in biomedical, clinical or behavioral research in a helpful and growing environment. Scientific advisor in the program work at CHORI, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland, UCSF and also UC Berkeley. 30 students are selected each summer for this program.
Read Also >>> PUNJAB YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (PYIP) 2015-2016
- Students in good position (typically 3.0 or better GPA) with an intention in the health sciences
- Students have to be citizens or non-citizen national of the United States, or must have been legally admitted for permanent residency (in ownership of the Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551 or I-151) at the time of application. persons on temporary or student visas are not eligible.
Those who are not eligible to apply for a stipend based to these criteria can choose to apply as a volunteer
- Accomplished application form (either mailed or online)
- Official University Transcript.
- Please write an essay of 500 words or less On a separate sheet of paper, that deals with the following topics:
- The reasons why applicant want to participate in the CHORI Student Research Program
- The goals you hope to achieve via this program
- Why you think you should be chosen as a candidate for our program
- Community and outreach activities you have participated in and organized independently or with any other organization
- 2 letters of recommendation are necessary. At least one teacher, and a psychologist or school official can write letters. They need to deal with applicant’s educational achievements and potential to succeed. The letters of recommendation must be sent with the application in an enclosed package or separately, moreover no application will be entertained until all items are received. All letters of recommendation should be signed and written on school letterhead.
How to Apply:
Step 1. Download the copy of the application from
Step 2. Fill the application form and mail it in with all required documents
Step 3. If you want to submit your application via mail, send it to the following address:
Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute Attn, CHORI Summer Student Program 5700 Martin Luther King Jr Way Oakland, CA 94609 (510) 450-7674
you can also send your online application here: here
Read Also >>> INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AT OIL & GAS DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
Monday, 8th February 2016 by 4:00 pm PST
For further information please visit here